What We Believe
As Episcopalians, we are followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord, and believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We uphold the Bible and worship with the Book of Common Prayer.
- We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
- We believe in the amendment of life, the forgiveness of sin, and life everlasting.
- Holy Communion may be received by all baptized Christians, not only members of the Christ Episcopal Church.
- We affirm that committed relationships are lifelong and monogamous. Episcopalians also recognize that there is grace after divorce and do not deny the sacraments to those who have been divorced.
- All are welcome to find a spiritual home in the Christ Episcopal Church.
Excerpt from I am an Episcopalian
It is the duty of the Vestry to protect the properties of the Parish, to prepare a budget providing for the necessary requirements and expenditures of the Congregation, to regulate all its temporal concerns, to keep order in the church during the celebration of Divine worship, and in general, to act as helpers in whatever is appropriate to Lay Persons for the furtherance of the Church’s welfare. Certain other duties are assigned to the Vestry in the Canons of the Diocese of Southwest Florida. Vestry members are elected by communicant members of the congregation at the Annual Parish Meeting and serve staggered three year terms.
Chuck HowardSenior Warden
Matt DonovanJunior Warden
Fred SwetlandBuilding Liaison
Director of Children’s Christian Formation and Youth Ministry
Christ Episcopal Church in Bradenton is seeking an energetic and creative part-time Director of Children’s Christian Formation and Youth Ministry. This person must be 18 years of age or older and needs to be self-motivated with an emphasis on attention to detail and process motivated. Responsibilities include planning and directing a volunteer-staffed Sunday School, including researching and selecting appropriate curriculum; coordinating the involvement of children and youth in the main church service and managing all special programs and activities related to children and youth. The position is 20 hours per week, including Sundays. Must have a college degree or previous experience. Salary will be based upon experience.
Parish Life Coordinator
Christ Episcopal Church in Bradenton is looking for an outgoing, people-oriented individual with excellent communication and computer skills with a proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications and knowledge of ACS for a part-time 20-hour office position as the Parish Life Coordinator. This person must be 18 years of age or older. This job’s responsibilities include record maintenance and coordinating, scheduling, and training of various groups and activities. The ability to maintain a high degree of sensitivity regarding confidential information is of the highest importance. Must have a college degree or previous experience.